If you like cooking and sharing your creativity with others, this is an activity for you! You may also include your family and friends and spend some funny moments to cheer up the lockdown times.
Our well known charity Samaritans has invited us to their fund-raising activity with the purpose to finance summer activities for children from deprived families. This project wants to inspire young people to focus on living well and healthy and encourage them to use quality products when preparing wholesome-nutritious meals.
How to join the cooking contest
Eating healthy and well does not have to be so complicated. Accessibility to wholesome, nutrient-dense foods can be quite simple, it just takes a bit of imagination and searching for the right products.
- Share your personal or family favorite recipe (delicious, healthy and easy to prepare) with others.
- Be creative – prepare an easy-simple recipe using products from the list below.
- Join the contest by submitting a picture and the recipe of the meal to email@example.com by 20 February. Provide your information: your name, telephone and email.
- Donate €8 or more, as desired, and get in turn a €5 coupon from Gemoss, access to a collection of new recipes, and the chance to win a food basket from Gemoss worth €50
- Once your application and payment is received, you will receive an access code on your telephone. This code entitles you to purchase goods in the value of €5 at Gemoss by showing it at the cash register.
Participate and inspire others by participating in the cooking charity contest “Tasty & Healthy Mealtime”.
All proceeds will finance summer activities for children from deprived families.
Meals and ingredients
You are free to prepare any meal: soup, main course, snack or dessert – anything your mind and heart desires.
Even though there is a list of recommended products. You may use any products of your liking as long as they are healthy and the recipe is simple and delicious.
List of recommended products:
- dried fruit
- gluten free flour
Other recommended healthy products:
Fruit (blueberries, raspberries, mango, kiwi, others), garlic, dark chocolate, vegetables (spinach, avocado, beets other), eggs, fish & lean meat (no pork or in limited amount)
Transfer your donation
Biedrība “Latvijas Samariešu apvienība”
Swedbank, HABALV22 Konta Nr. : LV98HABA0551018224165
Citadele, PARXLV22 Konta Nr: LV88PARX0015208370001
Memo: charity contest
Contest evaluation terms
- Ingredients (healthy, accessible, easily found products) – 6 points
- Recipe originality and presentation – 4 points
- Portion cost – 3 points
- Cooking time – 2 points
- Gemoss stores: Mūkusalas iela 73
- Ropažu iela 63
- Brīvības iela 111
More info www.samariesi.lv or call Laura tel. 26337921
As you get older, eating well can help improve your mental sharpness, boost your energy levels, and increase your resistance to illness.